Menu

BOW HORN BAY

FIRE DEPARTMENT

History

The Bow Horn Bay Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1952 as the Qualicum Bay Fire Department, but the name was confusing due to proximity to the Qualicum Beach Fire Department, and the coverage area was expanding exponentially.  So in 1956 it became the Bow Horn Bay Fire Department (an acronym for Bowser, Horne Lake Road and Qualicum Bay area).  A purpose built three-bay hall was erected on Lions Way in Qualicum Bay in 1978.  A couple of years later two bays were added on to the rear of the present hall.